Monday, December 8, 2008

Completed 21.1km in 2:29:31 (chip time)

December 7, 2008, Sunday morning was a beautiful morning. (like what the DJ kept mentioning.)

About 12K runners gathering at esplanade waiting for the flag off to start their 21.1km journey, and I am one of them.

With the attire ready, warm up ready, MP3 ready, my journey started at 6:30:52 (gun start time is 6:30:28).

Back track a bit, although I was ready with all the attire, warm up and MP3, I was not mentally ready for the run. This is not my first half marathon. My first and second half marathon was the Penang Bridge Run when I was still in JSHS. For those two run, I was consistently training before the run. However, I was not running/jogging/training/exercising for more than 2 months (at least) before yesterday. I kept thinking of reasons/excuses to not to leave my bed for the 21.1km yesterday morning. Sigh. I must be crazy the moment I registered myself in this marathon.

Back to the run, even though I am not well prepared, I forced myself to start running, continue to run and complete it. It was just a waste to pay S$40++ just for the adidas singlet. Also, I think the DJ said something which is correct, it's the courage to start the run more important. (something like that. hehehe)

Anyway, I am glad that I started the run. I am also glad that I remember to bring my MP3 with me this time. 21.1km is just way too long. Remember that my colleague said last year that it was pretty boring to run 42.195km. I was not quite get her last year. However, I am truely understand what she meant with that after the run yesterday. I need to reconsider my intention to take part in full marathon next year.

After 2h 29m 31s, finally I reached the finishing point. hehe... not too bad result. But still, there are rooms for improvement. You can view my result here or here. But please do not compare me to the champion who completed in 1:17:42, ok?!

For the 42.195km finisher t-shirt, I'll consider to take part in full marathon next year or maybe a few more years later. Anyone wanna take part together?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My gun time and net time have 6 minutes diff.. means 6 minutes after they gun then onli ban ban cross the starting line... o_O

while you cross it in 24sec after gun, very front ya?

cs

~AmK~ said...

yup, i am pretty near to the starting point. At first thought of wait for you all to come, so i warm up a bit + talk talk with hc. then there is a scsm people suddenly said:"Hi miss, are you participate in half marathon? they (pointing to the scsm people who shouting for full and half marathon runners at the entrance gate)are calling for half marathon runners." then bo bian i have to go in. it wasn't even 6am when i walked in i think.

 
Copyright 2009 ~AmK~