Saturday, July 24, 2010

Cold Sore revisit

Went to see doctor today. My first time when to this in-house clinic in Depot 1 building. Most likely I won't want to go there for the 2nd time unless necessary. The doctor I saw today is just too "professional" till I almost rate her as the worst doctor I ever met. Instead of telling me what my sickness is, she told the nurse to inform me to search on the internet what is "cold sore" after I came out from her room. Anyway, she is not the main topic here.

Thus out of curiosity and being a good girl who listen to what doctor says, while on the way to lunch, I search for this "cold sore".

"Cold sore" is actually small, painful blisters which appeared around lips, mouth or nose. I called it "tweety" lips whenever it appears at the center of my upper lips. It can be a group of a few blisters or a few blisters merge together become one big one. It caused by a virus, Herpes Simplex Virus which is not able to be totally eliminated from the body once being infected according to most of the dr I visited and the website I search for this information.

As the virus is not able to be fully eliminated from the body, this cold sore will recur every now and then. For my case, I've seriously lost count on how many times I had this since year 2000, or even earlier than that.

How did I got first infected? I do not know. However, from the website, it was saying that the virus can be spread via contact or via saliva. Alhough it would be higher possibility to spread to others when the blister started to pop out till it is dried off, the virus can also be spread even the "patient" does not have the cold sore at that particular moment (very least possibility though). Thus still, I have to be more careful when sharing or having meal with others.

Having the tweety lips again now. So painful. Best if someone can found out something which can help to fully cure this cold sore thingy before I am too old to do anything. Anyone?

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 ~AmK~