Thursday, April 17, 2008

Acknowledgement

While studying HRM, we learned about different types of job satisfaction and also different kinds of motivation. Those were all in theory.

After working, I started to think of what is my job satisfaction and what is my motivation. Bonus? Increment? They are for sure a form of motivator, but they are better to be considered as the hygiene factor. Hygiene factor is the factor where having it might not motivate you, but without it might demotivate you. As for me, I sure happy when given bonus or increment. However, they are something given to everyone. Thus, the happy and joyful feeling left very soon. (left very soon better than being demotivated. hehehe..)

Today, I realised a great form of job satisfaction and excellent motivation. They are the "Acknowledgement". I can't really describe how great it is being acknowledged by someone especially your boss, but it really feel good and nice and refreshing and.... It is like after some hard work (maybe not very hard or maybe it's really hard), someone see it and appreciate it. And you know what you have been doing is something worth-doing. This is also like a guide for the direction and path forward.

Not good in describing. Anyway, I am just very happy and energised. Thanks boss. I'll keep my promise as to continue work harder and looking forward to the next acknowledgement. ;p

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 ~AmK~