Thursday, May 14, 2009

Star Trek

Star Trek (the movie-3rd generation)

Star Trek (the series-2nd generation)

Star Trek (the series-3rd generation)

I must start the review for this movie with "This is absolutely a worth-watching-at-cinema movie". (at least this is what I think. ;p)

Before watching this movie, I wasn't having much interest to it. I did watch Star Trek (I believe is the 2nd generation) when I was young. Although my English is so poor that time that I can't really understand what were they talking about. What I did is just watch them every week with the help of the Malay subtitle. But I stop following this series when I started to feel that the story was getting a bit too far from the beginning story and it is like quite lack of new ideals. Thus, the movie version of Star Trek did not attract me much.

However, HC's colleague gave a very good review after watching this movie and we decided to give it a chance. To be very frank, I did not have high expectation on this movie (maybe was too disappoint with X-men Origin: Wolverin).

Unexpectedly, I like this movie very much. The flow of the story is good and the pace of the whole movie is just nice that keep your eyes and mind focus to movie. In fact, I think the whole movie is full of excitement, a little of laugh and some surprise. There isn't much time for you to release your breath. HC was so kelian that I hold his hand very tightly almost 40% of the movie.

Besides this, I also like the effect (visual and sound) of this movie. Visual wise, although it is confirm that there are a lot of computer touch up, however the visual effect team for Star Trek is just much much much better than Wolverin's. You might think that what they did is very "childish" or "funny" or "fake" in future if you re-watch the movie, at least they did very well for the mean time. As for sound, this is one of the reason I put it as worth-watching-in-"cinema" movie. Maybe because the sound system of the cinema we watched is very good, I felt like I was enjoying a 3D movie (the 3rd D is the sound. hehe.. my own theory. ;p;p).

Lastly, I quite enjoy watching the 3rd generation young Captain Kirk (Chris Pine). Hehe... Maybe he has the "man" look or "yeng(cantonese)" look. I won't compare him with the previous two Captain Kirk, as I can't really remember the first two already. I guess three of them are all good actor.

In the nut shell, I enjoy watching it. Bought yourself ticket to watch it in cinema and hope that you will like it also. ;)

1 comments:

Martian said...

its worth buying a ticket for this movie because of two things , 1st, its long enough, second, its smart.

 
Copyright 2009 ~AmK~