Thursday, May 21, 2009

Wonderful morning

Some of my friends asked me, "You changed job?". Thanks for all the concern. Maybe I should answer it here.
Emm.. I would say the answer is yes and no. It's kind of complicated to the process of me getting to my current job.
Thus, in short, I am now still working in the same company HP but with different department and job scope.

Anyway, this is not the main topic I wanna talk about today.

Due to this department changed, my office is changed back to Comtech from HP Depot 2 building. Noticed I used the word "back". Yes, it is correct caused my office used to be in Comtech building before moving to Depot 2 this year after Chinese New Year. FYI, we had a week of WFH (work from home) during the week of moving.

Something I like about working in Comtech building is, there is shuttle bus provided by Comtech landlord (MappleTree) to and from Harbour Front 3 sessions everyday. The 3 sessions including morning (go to work hours), lunch time (can go Vivocity/Seah Im to eat) and evening (off work hours). Although HP do have shuttle bus from Harbour Front to all the HP offices, but the number of session and the frequency are both lesser.

Thus, after moving back to Comtech, I resume the ride on MappleTree shuttle bus morning and evening. The morning session bus start at 755am (if I am correct) and end at 915am. Yes, it is 915am. Pretty late right?! Hehe....

Normally, I used to prepare something as breakfast and eat in the office. I didn't get myself anything this week and have been acting like a rich girl eating McD breakfast for the last two days. But thanks to McD, they are having the morning breakfast promotion, S$2.50 per set (Sausage McMuffin and a cup of McCafe brewed coffee).

Because of the late timing for the last bus to Comtech, I decided to pamper myself a bit yesterday to had my breakfast in the Harbour Front McDonald restaurant. In fact, I reached Harbour Front quite early every morning and so did yesterday. Another reason is because there is unlimited refill of coffee and tea for breakfast in the restaurant. ;p;p

After adding the necessary sugar and creamer to my coffee, I started eating my Sausage McMuffin and reading MyPaper of the day. Kind of relaxing isn't it? ;p;p

When done with my Sausage McMuffin, I look at the watch and tell myself, it's time to leave. Don't do your own guessing, it was still early that time. I wasn't really planning to take the very last bus of the morning session. I quickly finished my first cup of coffee (nice one, but FYI I am not kind of must drink coffee everyday kind of people. Drinking coffee is like once in a while for me.) and refilled my 2nd cup of coffee for taking away. Such a cheepo thinking I had har? ;p;p

Leaving the restaurant with a cup of hot coffee, I felt good. I was thinking actually life can be very relaxing sometimes if we stop or slower down our pace a bit while walking to shuttle bus stop. That is just a nice and wonderful morning.

In the office, due to my cheepo and greedy and tan xiao pian yi, I felt myself floating after the 2nd cup of coffee. It is just not fun to drink 2 cups of coffee within 2 hours when I am not a heavy/regular coffee drinker. Sigh.. no more this thing to happen, if I can recall this incident before I pour my 2nd cup next time. ;p;p

4 comments:

White Water said...

trust me, it will happen the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc time... =D

黰真 said...

Haha, it does sound relaxing, and yes, you were absolutely right, slow down and relax once in a while is good for you...

Glad to know that you have such a wonderful morning

aL said...

oh,i think this is them morning that u said u drank a lot,haha...

KhaineSG said...

Hi, just like to check if the shuttle bus to Comtech from Harbourfront is still running? What do you have to show in order to take the bus? Can I take it if I'm working at Mapletree Business City next door?

Appreciate a reply - foongtw@hotmail.com

 
Copyright 2009 ~AmK~